Los Alamos man arrested on 28 sexual-penetration counts
Los Alamos police arrested Tim Pacheco on 28 first-degree sexual-penetration counts after months of earlier warrants and magistrate-court charges.

Los Alamos detectives arrested 63-year-old Tim Pacheco of Los Alamos on Thursday, May 7, and charged him with 28 counts of criminal sexual penetration in the first degree, one of the most serious felony filings now moving through the county’s justice system. The charge count signals that investigators believe there is enough evidence to push the case into court, where bond, discovery and hearings will determine how it advances.
The arrest did not come out of nowhere. Earlier reporting said Albuquerque police had already obtained a warrant on or about April 2 and 3 for Timothy A. Pacheco on charges of first-degree kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual penetration of a minor under 13. That case was described as being worked by detectives with both the Albuquerque Police Department and the Los Alamos Police Department, suggesting overlapping investigations and an active information-sharing effort between agencies.
A separate Feb. 4 report said Pacheco faced multiple Magistrate Court charges tied to events that occurred between July and December 2025 and in January 2026. Those charges were linked to matters already pending against Kyrina Deschamp and Shawn Cavasos. Then, on Feb. 21, Los Alamos police reported that Tim Pacheco had been arrested on Feb. 3 on a Magistrate Court warrant. The sequence points to a case that has been building for months, with multiple filings across different stages of the local system.
For Los Alamos County, the procedural significance is as important as the headline number of counts. A 28-count first-degree filing puts prosecutors, defense counsel and the courts under sustained pressure to move carefully, especially in a small community where serious sexual-violence allegations reverberate quickly through schools, workplaces and neighborhood circles. The records do not identify any victims, and the court process will now carry the burden of balancing public accountability with privacy and due process.
Public visibility will likely come through the First Judicial District Court, which lists Los Alamos County District Court hearings for the current day and six days ahead. The court clerk’s office processes virtually all court and case documents, making it the central clearing point for filings as the case proceeds. The May 7 arrest also lands amid a spring in which Los Alamos courts have already handled another sexual-penetration case, including a March 30 ruling by Judge Anastasia Martin that granted a conditional discharge and three years of supervised probation in a separate case involving a victim aged 12 to 16.
Know something we missed? Have a correction or additional information?
Submit a Tip

