Feeding Our Future ringleader sentenced to 41.5 years in prison
Aimee Bock got 41.5 years for a fraud that claimed 91 million meals for children and stole nearly $250 million in pandemic aid.

Money meant to feed children was funneled into luxury homes, cars and vacations instead, in a fraud that prosecutors said claimed 91 million meals and drained nearly $250 million in federal aid. The sentence handed to Aimee Bock was designed to match the scale of that betrayal, and to signal that federal courts are prepared to impose crushing punishment when public trust is turned into profit.
U.S. District Judge Nancy Brasel sentenced Bock in Minneapolis federal court to 500 months, or about 41.5 years, and ordered $243 million in restitution. Prosecutors had sought 50 years. Bock’s attorney asked for time served or no more than 37 months. Bock apologized in court, but the numbers at the center of the case dominated the proceeding: false meal claims, phantom sites, and a nonprofit that federal investigators said became a pipeline for stolen pandemic aid.

The Justice Department said Bock and co-defendant Salim Said took advantage of the Covid-19 pandemic to carry out a massive fraud scheme that stole money intended to feed children. Federal prosecutors said Feeding Our Future, which operated as a sponsor in the Federal Child Nutrition Program, used that role to recruit fake meal sites across Minnesota beginning in early 2020. The FBI described the case in 2022 as the largest theft of federal funds allocated to pandemic aid to date. Investigators said Feeding Our Future also collected more than $18 million in administrative fees it was not entitled to.

The scope of the operation widened quickly. Federal investigators said the organization went from receiving and disbursing about $3.4 million in federal funds in 2019 to nearly $200 million in 2021. Prosecutors said the fraud was built on claims that 91 million meals had been served, but that the money was spent on personal enrichment instead. Bock and Said were convicted by a federal jury on March 19, 2025.

The sentence lands against a broader record of accountability that keeps expanding. By March 20, 2026, prosecutors said they had secured 63 convictions in the scheme, and the Justice Department said 75 defendants had been charged by September 4, 2025. For Minnesota, the case has become more than one nonprofit’s collapse. It has become a national warning about how weak oversight, pandemic-era urgency and a sponsor-based nutrition system could be exploited at enormous cost to children, taxpayers and the credibility of safety-net programs.
Know something we missed? Have a correction or additional information?
Submit a Tip
