Game Releases

Battle Waves: Mobile hits 20,000 pre-registrations ahead of May 29 launch

Battle Waves: Mobile’s second Quick Look showed a 32-faction battler built for ranked play, not just pre-reg hype, ahead of its May 29 launch.

Jamie Taylor··2 min read
Published
Listen to this article0:00 min
Share this article:
Battle Waves: Mobile hits 20,000 pre-registrations ahead of May 29 launch
AI-generated illustration

Battle Waves: Mobile’s second Quick Look trailer landed with a much clearer sell than the pre-registration count alone: this is a free-to-play battler built around 32 factions, six-faction deck construction, ranked PvP, and a May 29 launch on iOS and Android. The game also crossed 20,000 Google Play pre-registrations, a sign of early interest, but the real hook is how much it is packing into day one.

Gabriel’s Games says Battle Waves: Mobile is a real-time deck-building battler, and that structure gives the game a sharper competitive edge than a typical mobile teaser. Players will mix and match six factions at a time, with each faction bringing its own units, team bonus, identity, and style. The roster ranges from Boom Brigade to Ancient Dragons and Tiny Critters, which suggests a launch built for experimentation rather than a single solved meta. Founder Gabriel Langlois said he wanted Battle Waves to feel like “opening a toy box of little heroes,” and that tracks with the game’s playful, faction-first pitch.

AI-generated illustration
AI-generated illustration

The launch package is broader than a standard pre-reg page, too. The App Store listing says the endless campaign spans five acts and can be replayed with infinite New Game Plus, while ranked PvP and multiplayer leaderboards push the game toward long-term ladder play. Google Play describes the same core appeal in more direct mobile terms, emphasizing faction synergies and deep deck combinations. In a crowded pre-registration market, that matters more than the registration number itself: Battle Waves is trying to sell replayability, social bragging rights, and build-crafting depth, not just an install reminder.

The store listings also make the release feel unusually close to finished. Apple lists Battle Waves: Mobile as a Strategy title, with 459.2 MB of space required, a 9+ age rating, iOS 16.0 or later compatibility, and support for English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. That kind of detail helps separate a real launch push from a placeholder campaign.

Gabriel’s Games itself is a solo indie studio founded by Gabriel Langlois in 2026, and Battle Waves: Mobile is its first title. Langlois previously led CAGE Studios, which released Battle Waves: Card Tactics on PC in 2024, and that lineage helps explain why the new mobile entry leans so heavily into factions, deck identity, and tactical combinations. The studio launched on April 30, revealed the game on May 7, opened Android pre-registration and showed the first gameplay Quick Look around May 11, then returned on May 14 with the second trailer and the 20,000-registration update. With one more Quick Look still due before May 29, Battle Waves is making its case as a feature-dense battler that wants players thinking about builds, ladders, and replay loops from day one.

Know something we missed? Have a correction or additional information?

Submit a Tip

Never miss a story.

Get Mobile Gaming updates weekly. The top stories delivered to your inbox.

Free forever · Unsubscribe anytime

Discussion

More Mobile Gaming News