Active Investigations

Little Rock missing woman identified as homicide victim, suspect charged

Jaliyah Miller was found dead in a wooded Little Rock area after a missing-person report, and police now say Pablo Gonzalez shot her and face capital murder charges.

Sam Ortega··2 min read
Published
Listen to this article0:00 min
Share this article:
Little Rock missing woman identified as homicide victim, suspect charged
Source: kark.com

A missing-person call in Little Rock turned into a homicide case when detectives tied an abandoned truck, a recovered body and surveillance footage to the death of 28-year-old Jaliyah Miller.

Police first got information on May 7, 2026, about a possible shooting involving an unreported missing person. Three days later, investigators found a truck abandoned at the end of a trail in a heavily wooded area in Little Rock and recovered an unknown body from the front seat, where it appeared to be covered by a blanket or pile of clothing. The body was sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab, and Miller was later identified.

That identification pushed the case from a search into an arrest. On May 14, police took 34-year-old Pablo Gonzalez of Little Rock into custody and charged him with capital murder. The shift matters because it means detectives believe they have enough evidence not just to look for Miller, but to say her death was criminal and to name a suspect in court.

The warrant affidavit reportedly gives a sharper account of what police believe happened. A man told officers that Miller had been shot by Gonzalez during an argument in a pickup truck parked at a liquor store. According to the affidavit, Gonzalez allegedly pulled a gun, shot Miller in the head, and then fired at the driver after the driver ran away. Investigators also said security-camera footage from the liquor store identified Gonzalez as the shooter, and Miller’s boyfriend identified him in a photo lineup.

Related stock photo
Photo by TREEDEO.ST

Miller had initially been described by the Little Rock Police Department as 5-foot-2, 135 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes and small face tattoos. The missing-person alert asked the public for help while detectives worked the case as a disappearance. Once the body was identified, the case moved into the murder file, and the timeline snapped into place around the May 7 report, the May 10 recovery and the May 14 arrest.

The case is still moving through the system, and Gonzalez has already had a first court appearance with no bond set. Meanwhile, a GoFundMe organized by Lashanda Tucker says Miller’s family is raising money for funeral expenses, a headstone and a memorial. For Miller’s family, the worst question has been answered, but the central one remains: what happened in that pickup truck before the missing-person search became a capital murder prosecution?

Know something we missed? Have a correction or additional information?

Submit a Tip

Never miss a story.

Get True Crime updates weekly. The top stories delivered to your inbox.

Free forever · Unsubscribe anytime

Discussion

More True Crime News