Supercell confirms Clash of Clans Builder Base Bonanza was an A/B test
Excluded Clash of Clans players are getting Builder Base Bonanza in June after Supercell said the event was split by an A/B test.

Players who never saw Clash of Clans’ Builder Base Bonanza in their event tab were not shut out for good. Supercell confirmed that Builder Base Bonanza and the related Mass Troops activity were part of an A/B test, and said accounts that missed the rollout will get access later in June 2026.
That clarification landed after a wave of frustration across the Clash of Clans community. Some players saw the event listed, expected the same Builder Base acceleration everyone else was talking about, and then found nothing in their own game. The result was public complaints, memes, and even refund talk from players who had already spent real money while preparing for Builder Base progress. Supercell also acknowledged that the way the test was communicated could have been handled better.
Builder Base Bonanza was never a small promotion. Supercell framed it as a nine-year anniversary celebration for Builder Base, and the in-game event ran from May 17 to May 31, 2026. The payoff was direct: 50% off all Builder Base upgrade costs and timers, plus 4x Star bonuses and Builder Base tasks. For players grinding the second village, it was basically the Builder Base version of Hammer Jam, a rare window to cut upgrade time and squeeze more value out of every session.

The A/B test explanation matters because the outrage was less about the event’s contents than the uneven access. One group of players got the full progression boost immediately, while another group saw the same event discussed everywhere and got locked out. In a live-service game built around timing upgrades, spending resources, and planning builder availability, that kind of split does not just feel inconvenient. It feels unfair.
For players mapping out Builder Base plans now, the main takeaway is simple: do not treat the May 17 to May 31 window as the only shot. Supercell has said the excluded group will get the event later in June, which gives missed players a second crack at the discount and bonus cycle. Until then, the bigger lesson from the backlash is that even a routine test can become a trust problem when the game advertises the event broadly but serves it unevenly.
Know something we missed? Have a correction or additional information?
Submit a Tip

